CompetiBid, LLC and its affiliated companies (collectively, the “Company” or “we”) operate multiple auction websites accessible through its central website (www.competibid.com).
What information does the Company collect?
You can browse any CompetiBid Website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. To use our services, however, you will need to register using our online registration form, where you will be required to provide us with your contact information and other personal information as described therein. If you choose to provide us with personal information when you register with us, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- e-mail address, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- transactional information based on your activities on our websites (such as bidding, buying and selling), and correspondence sent to us in connection with these activities;
- if you are a Seller, we collect information relating to the item you desire to post for sale and related identifying information;
- if you are an insurance company or adjustor which is listing goods for sale related to an insured’s loss, we may collect the insured’s contact information, policy or claim number, and the location of the goods being sold; and
- other information from your interaction with our websites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from our websites, IP address and standard web log information.
How does the Company use my personal information?
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with our services on our websites. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- provide relevant contact information of the Seller and Buyer to each other after an auction has closed, or in the event of a dispute between the parties;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- enforce our User Agreement and related policies, and prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- customize, measure and improve our services, content and marketing; and
- tell you about administrative notices, new product or services offerings, and other communications relevant to your use of our websites, as well as targeted marketing and promotions based on your communication preferences (for which you have the ability to opt-out as described below).
Will anyone else have access to my personal information?
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
We also may share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business.
- Our strategic partners to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement, regulatory or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to an investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and bidding and listing history.
- Other third parties in response to a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, or when we in good faith believe disclosure is required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process; and
- In addition, we may share aggregated user statistics to describe our services to current or prospective clients or partners, advertisers and other third parties, but any such aggregated data will not provide any specific personal information that can identify you or any other user.
Does the Company use “cookies”?
We use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our websites or services.
- How does the Company protect account information?
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. We use a number of tools (passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. As you may be aware, however, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from our websites. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we cannot ensure or warrant that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
Opting Out of Providing User Information
Our users are given the opportunity to “opt-out” of having their information used for purposes not directly related to the purchase of services or products using our websites. Our online registration process has an opt-out provision, which allows the user to select that the information not be provided to any companies other than the Company. Registered users who no longer wish to receive promotional or other informational material from us may also opt-out of receiving these communications by replying to unsubscribe in the subject line in the e-mail or e-mail us at email@example.com.
What about third parties?